The community treasury is a treasury holding different assets that are used to reward users in Soccer Vs and create different types of incentives in the SOCCER VS ecosystem. There will be an initial allocation of funds to the community treasury prior to launch by the development team, and over time, the community treasury will grow from the transaction royalties that are collected. The final split in transaction fees between the development team and the community treasury has yet to be decided. Note that even if the SOCCER VS development team were to manage the distribution of treasury funds, we would have no holding in the community treasury. Instead, all assets in the treasury would be distributed to the community over time. As of now, we are looking at using community treasury funds for the following purposes:
- Prize pools for the esports/league system;
- Prize pools for major tournaments hosted by SOCCER VS;
- Community competition prizes;
- The community could vote to allocate treasury funds to specific game-development projects;
- Other incentives to contribute to the SOCCER VS ecosystem.